1 You and your husband can grow your hair out and both wear pony tails down to your butt when you go out for a nice McDonalds dinner at the truck stop.
2. "Bless your heart" has more than one meaning. And they're actually opposites.
3. The trees are confused in the winter. Some have no leaves on full tree-lined streets and others trees on the next block have decided to keep their leaves. I'm guess it's cuz they remember from last year that it's gonna be 80 again soon.
4. Wholesome does not mean low fat, at all. In the mountains, you can find amazing farm to table restaurants with all organic food and beverages, including all the organic oil and chicken fat you want. But don't ask for cooking spray or you'll be thrown off the mountain.
5. There are some incredible gas stations that have DQ, Wendy's and Dunkin Donuts all in one. My children wanted to live there.
6. If you ever need to shower you can come to the Kwick Pit where they serve dinner AND offer a shower. You just have to wait for your number to be announced.
7. Waffle House is taking over the country. There are more Waffle Houses than Starbucks. But man do they need a branding session with a good designer. You-gull-ee!-ist brand I've ever seen.
8.Neither of my kids have good singing voices and they rarely stop talking unless they're singing.
9. The rest of the country would benefit from having rocking chairs everywhere, too. There's something comforting about them.
10. Cheesy grits and shrimp might sound DISGUSTING but they are AMAZING. Just like how I thought this trip was gonna be a nightmare and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life.